New Resident Information
Welcome to your new community!
We are pleased to have you join our hometown as your next place of residence or business. Hawthorn Woods is known for its beautiful neighborhoods, great school districts, open spaces, natural resource friendly parks and recreation areas. We are an upscale, friendly community that is an oasis from the suburban pace. We love our town with its rural atmosphere located only 40 miles from downtown Chicago. Close to home you can find amenities including great schools, parks, shopping, recreation, employment opportunities, worship centers, and dining.
We are a family friendly community with activities available year-round. Free events include July 4th fireworks and parade celebrations, holiday tree lighting and caroling, a visit from Santa at the Barn, a fall family fun fest, Friday night concerts in the parks, movies in the park and in the barn, car show cruise nights, and a community sled hill. Community rooms and park pavilions are available for rent to host your next family event.
The following materials are available by clicking on the links below:
- Welcome Letter
- Information Pages (PDF) - Includes important phone numbers and contact information
- Special Events Calendar - Free community events
- Hawthorn Woods in the News (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
- Disaster Preparedness Information (PDF)
- Mailbox Regulations (PDF)
- Meeting Schedule
- Park Map (PDF)
- Community Facilities & Infrastructure Planning Map (PDF)
- Boundaries Maps for Township/Fire Protection/School Districts (PDF)
- Parks & Recreation Happenings
- Hawthorn Woods Aquatic Center
- Vehicle Sticker & Dog License Application (PDF)
If you have any questions regarding Village operations or wish to receive our weekly community email news updates, please contact us at (847) 438-5500 or stop by the Village Hall, Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Please contact us so that we can add your phone numbers and/or email addresses to our notification system in the event that emergency communications are necessary.
We welcome you to Hawthorn Woods, and hope you will soon become part of the neighborhood.