Voting & Election Information
Voter registration allows qualified voters to participate in the electoral process and exercise one of their most basic rights. Please visit the Office of the County Clerk’s website to view frequently asked questions, candidate services, election calendar, election results, election workers, press power and voter services.
Lake County Clerk Contact Information
Robin O’Connor, Lake County Clerk
18 North County Street, Room 101
Waukegan, Illinois 60085
Phone: (847) 377-2400
Fax: (847) 984-5822
Regular Office Hours
Monday-Thursday: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Registered voters can log on LakeVoterPower.info to find one-click personalized voting information:
- Confirm you are registered with current name and address
- Print your personalized sample ballot prior to Election Day
- Submit the required application to receive a ballot by mail
- Track clerk’s receipt of your ballot, if voting by mail
- Find your assigned Election Day and all early voting site locations including driving directions and map
- Find your current representative districts and elected officials
Voter registration is available at the village office during regular business hours, or at the Lake County Clerk’s office. You can also register online, by mail, during early voting, or on Election Day. Requirements and other locations
To register to vote you must:
- Be a United States citizen
- Be at least 18 years of age on or before the next election (17 year old residents may register and vote in primary elections if 18th birthday occurs before date of general election)
- Live in your election precinct at least 30 days immediately prior to an election
- Not be convicted and in jail
- Not claim the right to vote anywhere else
Two forms of identification are required to register through a deputy registrar:
- At least one of the two forms must show your name and current address
- Only one form of identification may be a piece of mail for a contractual service addressed and delivered to you
Where and When Can I Register to Vote?
You may register to vote:
- At the Lake County Clerk’s Office
- Grace period registration for the General Primary Election will be available February 19, 2020 to February 28, 2020 at the Lake County Clerk’s Office, 18 N. County Street, Room 101, Waukegan, IL 60085 between the house of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Through a Deputy Registrar duly appointed by the County Clerk
- At your local municipal or township office and other local agencies. Hawthorn Woods Village Hall is an official place of voter registration. Please register to vote with us at Village Hall, 2 Lagoon Drive, Hawthorn Woods, IL 60047. We are open Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
- February 18, 2020 is the last day to register to vote with a deputy registrar. Deputy registrar registration will reopen on March 19, 2020. Grace period registration is available at the Lake County Clerk’s office.
- Online, using the Illinois Online Voter Application on the Illinois State Board of Elections website. A valid Illinois driver’s license or State ID is required.
Registration is open all year throughout Lake County except during the 27 days preceding an election. Registration reopens the second day following an election.
Voting by mail, early, or on Election Day allows you to choose the option that best suits your busy schedule and lifestyle. More information
View Election Results
Election results are unofficial until Provisional and late-arriving Vote by Mail ballots are counted 14 days after the election and the results are certified. To view election results, click here.