Voting & Election Information
Voter registration allows qualified voters to participate in the electoral process and exercise one of their most basic rights. Please visit the Office of the County Clerk’s website to view frequently asked questions, candidate services, election calendar, election results, election workers, press power and voter services.
Lake County Clerk Contact Information
Robin O’Connor, Lake County Clerk
18 North County Street, Room 101
Waukegan, Illinois 60085
Phone: (847) 377-2400
Fax: (847) 984-5822
Regular Office Hours
Monday-Thursday: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
November 3, 2020 General Election
On November 3, 2020, voters will be participating in the 2020 General Election. Due to COVID-19, voters are encouraged to vote by mail and avoid lines during early voting or on Election Day.
The Lake County Clerk will automatically send an Application for Ballot to Lake County residents who:
- Vote by mail, during early voting, or on Election Day in the March 2020 General Primary Election, April 2019 Consolidated Election, or the November 2018 General Election, or
- Registered to vote or updated their address from March 18, 2020 to July 31, 2020
Early Voting Available Through November 2: Early voting sites across Lake County are open seven days a week, Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. through November 1. Four early voting locations will remain open on November 2. You may vote at any location, regardless of where you live. View a list of locations and hours.
Know the Wait Times Before You Go: The Lake County GIS Department have developed a tool for voters to find the closest early voting site to their address, and get an approximate idea of how long the wait is. The site is updated every 30 minutes during voting hours. Check it out here: https://maps.lakecountyil.gov/EarlyVotingSites/
April 6, 2021 Consolidated Election
- View Press Release
- Nominating Papers - Independent Candidates*
- Nominating Papers - New Political Party*
(*) This information is provided as a public service. The Village of Hawthorn Woods and its clerk make no representations regarding the accuracy or validity of these forms. Be sure to consult with an attorney before taking action based upon these forms. Anyone who uses them does so at his/her own risk.
The Village of Hawthorn Woods’s Village Clerk’s Office has received a packet of information from the Lake County Clerk for the April 6, 2021 Consolidated Election. One (1) Mayor seat for a full term (4 years), three (3) Village Trustee seats for a full term (4 years), and one (1) Village Trustee seat for an unexpired term (2 years) will be up for election for the Village of Hawthorn Woods. Please call Donna Lobaito, Village Clerk, at (847) 540-5222 for more information.
For additional information on the Consolidated Election, please visit the Office of the County Clerk’s website.
Nomination papers are now available for circulation for the April 6, 2021 Consolidated Election. Petition forms can be obtained on the Village of Hawthorn Woods’ website at www.vhw.org, or contact Donna Lobaito, Village Clerk at (847) 540-5222 or email@example.com to have nominating papers sent via mail or email. At this time, due to the ongoing pandemic, Village Hall offices remain closed to the public.
Notice of Filing Period:
Village Hall will be open December 14, 2020 through December 21, 2020 for the limited purpose of filing the nominating papers. Furthermore, if a Simultaneous Filing Lottery is necessary, Village Hall will be open at 9:00 a.m. on December 30, 2020 for the limited purpose of the lottery.
December 14, 2020
First day to file nomination papers with the local election official located at 2 Lagoon Drive, Hawthorn Woods, IL 60047 in the Clerk’s Office from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
December 21, 2020
Last day to file nomination papers with the local election official located at 2 Lagoon Drive, Hawthorn Woods, IL 60047 in the Clerk’s Office from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
December 30, 2020
Simultaneous Filing Lottery, if necessary, will be held in the Clerk’s Office at 2 Lagoon Drive, Hawthorn Woods, IL 60047 at 9:00 a.m.
To register to vote you must:
- Be a United States citizen
- Be at least 18 years of age on or before the next election (17 year old residents may register and vote in primary elections if 18th birthday occurs before date of general election)
- Live in your election precinct at least 30 days immediately prior to an election
- Not be convicted and in jail
- Not claim the right to vote anywhere else
Two forms of identification are required to register through a deputy registrar:
- At least one of the two forms must show your name and current address
- Only one form of identification may be a piece of mail for a contractual service addressed and delivered to you
Where and When Can I Register to Vote?
You may register to vote:
- Online, using the Illinois Online Voter Application on the Illinois State Board of Elections website. A valid Illinois driver’s license or State ID is required.
- At the Lake County Clerk’s Office
- Through a Deputy Registrar duly appointed by the County Clerk
Registration is open all year throughout Lake County except during the 27 days preceding an election. Registration reopens the second day following an election.
Registered voters can log on LakeVoterPower.info to find one-click personalized voting information:
- Confirm you are registered with current name and address
- Print your personalized sample ballot prior to Election Day
- Submit the required application to receive a ballot by mail
- Track clerk’s receipt of your ballot, if voting by mail
- Find your assigned Election Day and all early voting site locations including driving directions and map
- Find your current representative districts and elected officials
View Election Results
Election results are unofficial until Provisional and late-arriving Vote by Mail ballots are counted 14 days after the election and the results are certified. To view election results, click here.