The Economic Development Department is designed to initiate and manage planned growth opportunities within the Village of Hawthorn Woods. With a median household income greater than $172,000 and a location 32 miles northwest of Chicago, Hawthorn Woods is a highly desirable place to live. The village is a vibrant location for commercial business and boasts preserved amenities like natural open-space recreational areas.
With more than 600 acres of undeveloped land adjacent to state and county highways, the Economic Development Department offers concierge service to prospective residents, business speculators, or developers who are interested in bringing their projects to Hawthorn Woods. The surrounding region is home to more than 55,000 people, and located in the center of this hub is an oasis of 8,000 village residents who desire services and amenities that fit in with the character of this upscale community. For more information about the Hawthorn Woods community, local traffic counts, and the Village's development opportunities, take a moment to review our Economic Development booklet.
Areas of Assistance
The Economic Development Department is available to assist you with:
- Attractive incentives and timely assistance
- Annexations and incorporation of land into the Village of Hawthorn Woods
- Business locations near the Hawthorn Woods water walk downtown pedestrian area
- Business retention support
- Custom home building assistance
- Infrastructure and utilities information
- Midlothian Road Town Center Corridor development opportunities
- New resident orientation packets
- New business welcome packets
- Uptown Northern Commercial Area development planning
- Personal staff guidance through any application process
- Residential home development infill projects