Spring 2021 - Outdoor
April 14 - May 22
Wed, 4:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Sat, 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
The Village of Hawthorn Woods and Hawthorn Woods Elite Soccer are proud to team up to offer youth soccer programs that provide instruction to build upon each player’s skills in a recreation-based environment where players learn by playing together on the field. Our spring 2021 Youth Soccer program will focus on player skill development through training, drills, and scrimmage games.
Practices will be 1-hour on Wednesdays at Heritage Oaks Park starting at 4:30 p.m. Games will be played 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. on Saturdays at Heritage Oaks Park.
All missed practices or games will be attempted to be rescheduled. But due to inclement weather, field conditions and instructor availability, some practices are games may not be able to be rescheduled.
All players must have a uniform which includes jersey, shorts and socks. Previous players may wear their old uniform.
Heritage Oaks Park
In order for the league or camp to communicate to parents and players, all should register to receive text or email alerts for unforeseen schedule changes. To register for this free service:
- Text @vhwsoccer to 81010
- Send an email
Parents/players must register for this service; you will not be automatically signed up. Returning participants must re-register. Register for this prior to the first practice. Relatives assisting with drop-off and pick-up may register as well. Please communicate any messages to those assisting with your player who are not registered for the service.
Please make sure your player brings the following (these items are not provided):
- Rubber soccer cleats or a sturdy athletic shoe
- Shin guards
- Soccer ball
- Water Bottle
All players must have a uniform which includes jersey, shorts and socks. View the size chart (PDF). Previous players may wear their old uniform.
Additional uniform pieces are available to order individually. When registering online, click on "Add Merchandise" from your cart to purchase additional uniform pieces.
Shirts $10 | Shorts $5 | Socks $5
- Registration will be limited.
- Masks must be worn by players, coaches, and spectators at all times.
- Hand sanitizer will be available.
- Players must bring their own ball & water bottle.
- Spectators must maintain 6-feet of social distance from those who do not reside in the same household as them.
- Players should self-screen before every practice and game. If a player is or anyone living in the same household as the player is experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, the player should not attend. Symptoms include (but not limited to): cough, fever over 100.4, shortness of breath, body aches, headache, loss of taste or smell.
Coaches & Referees
Practices and training sessions led by Coach Tom Chmela:
- Hawthorn Woods Resident
- Owner/Director Hawthorn Woods Elite Soccer Club
- Owner Kits Sports Center
- Retired P.E. Teacher - Evanston Township High School
- Experienced coach at all level including high school & college
Games coached and refereed by: Hawthorn Woods Elite Soccer Staff & Players
Village of Hawthorn Woods
Parks & Recreation Department