Winter 2021 - Indoor
The Village of Hawthorn Woods and Hawthorn Woods Elite Soccer are proud to team up to offer youth soccer programs that provide instruction to build upon each player’s skills in a recreation-based environment where players learn by playing together. Our Winter 2021 Youth Soccer program will focus on player skill development through training, drills and scrimmages. This indoor program is being held at 441 Bonner Road in Wauconda.
***New day and time***
Fridays, February 12 - March19
6:00 p.m. - 6:50 p.m.
Program + Uniform
Ages 10-12 (CANCELLED)
Saturdays, February 13 - March 20
1:45 p.m. - 2:35 p.m.
Program + Uniform
441 Bonner Road, Wauconda, IL 60084
Click here to view a map (PDF)
Click here to view a video showing you the program site
In order for the league or camp to communicate to parents and players, all should register to receive text or email alerts for unforeseen schedule changes. To register for this free service:
- Text @vhwsoccer to 81010
- Send an email
Parents/players must register for this service; you will not be automatically signed up. Returning participants must re-register. Register for this prior to the first practice. Relatives assisting with drop-off and pick-up may register as well. Please communicate any messages to those assisting with your player who are not registered for the service.
Please make sure your player brings the following (these items are not provided):
- Indoor training shoes
- Shin guards
- Soccer ball
- Water Bottle
All players must have a uniform which includes jersey, shorts and socks. View the size chart (PDF). Previous players may wear their old uniform.
Additional uniform pieces are available to order individually. When registering online, click on "Add Merchandise" from your cart to purchase additional uniform pieces.
Shirts $10 | Shorts $5 | Socks $5
- Registration will be limited to a maximum of 16 participants per session.
- Masks must be worn by all players & coaches at all times.
- Hand sanitizer will be available and all players will be requested to use upon entry to the building.
- Players will be dropped off/picked up at the back door. Parents must stay on premise (parking lot) until their player is admitted & cleared to participate that day. Parents/spectators will not be allowed in the building.
- Players must bring their own ball & water bottle (bags are not allowed).
- Players should wear their uniform (shirt, shorts, socks), shin guards, and clean indoor gym shoes (no cleats, no outside shoes).
- Training will be on concrete flooring – carpeting for goalkeeping & shooting area
- Players will be spaced out for warm ups. Small groups will be set up for station work including juggling, dribbling, passing, shooting, receiving, agility, etc.
Coaches & Referees
Practices and training sessions led by Coach Tom Chmela:
- Hawthorn Woods Resident
- Owner/Director Hawthorn Woods Elite Soccer Club
- Owner Kits Sports Center
- Retired P.E. Teacher - Evanston Township High School
- Experienced coach at all level including high school & college
Games coached and refereed by: Hawthorn Woods Elite Soccer Staff & Players
Village of Hawthorn Woods
Parks & Recreation Department